Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time for a Blizzard!

No, I'm not talking about the kind you eat at Dairy Queen when the weather is nice in Spring and Summer. 
This:

Is what Denver woke up to this morning. If you can't tell, God has sent us a snow-globe glorious BLIZZARD! I say glorious because A: I don't have to commute in it:) and
      B: We haven't had much of this fluff this year and it is greatly needed for our green grass and pretty flow-fees!
Although I really am enjoying this short-lived winter style wonderland (we're supposed to get at least another foot today!) I am planning for the wonderful weeks ahead!! Hopefully with more April showers, than white-outs BRRRRR!

One holiday I've looked forward to since I was a little girl is Easter. My grandma used to make my cousin Melissa and I matching outfits complete with white stalkings, patent mary janes, and a straw hat! Then she would put a whole dollar (jackpot!!) in a plastic egg, and chocolates in all the other eggs, and have a hunt in her backyard. Everyone who was anyone (in my 6 year old mind) was in attendance ;)
Well, I'm not two feet tall anymore, but I still look forward to all the fun and dressing up in cute hats and pastel outfits resembling an Easter egg! Here is a little something Easter inspired.



8 comments:

  1. I'm so over Winter...and cold weather I could just scream. We haven't gotten any more snow (yet!) but it's raining like crazy here and will be for the next 2-3 days.

    I would much prefer a DQ Blizzard...

    Welcome to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much snow you got!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's a lot of snow! thanks, now i want ice cream...lol.

    i stopped by today to welcome you to SITS, we are thrilled to have you as a part of the community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that you are getting that much snow. CRAZY! Hopefully, it leaves as quickly as it came.

    stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughhhh here in Chicago, we hate that white fluffy stuff because that's all we see from November until April!! We've had some pretty decent weather (I'm sure I just jinxed myself). LOVE your easter polyvore, I too love dressing up! It's the one time of year you can mix like 7 colors and they all work together because it's spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are enjoying this snow day! There is something for you on my blog friend! You are the best! Bday countdown is on! And so is the other countdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure looks gorgeous - especially when you don't have to drive in it :-)

    Stay warm, and welcome to SiTS! Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to SITS AND

    Thanks so much for visiting me on my SITS day....making the rounds. Wish me luck.

    xoxo-The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!