Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Doozy!

Man-oh-man. What a weekend I've had!! Again!
Yesterday, April 13, happened to be the day marking my birth in 1984! It also happened to be the day that marked my sweet David's birth in 1979!! Yes.Yes. That means that I am now a member of the quarter century club, as my friend Ana affectionately refers to it. And David is 30!!(and wearing it well:)

Our shananigans naturally started friday, where we went to dinner to celebrate with friends. As usual when I make it downtown, I am tipsy halfway through my first glass of wine and luckily (or not so lucky for the tables around us) brought my "big-girl laugh". You know, the one that holds nothing back, and once you've seen the look in the eyes of those around you and you rewind the laugh, you wish you could scale it down hehe! Anyway, that was boatloads of fun and I got to practice my couture cake making skills with David's red velvet UT cake!


Missy,David, and Taylor showing off Gina's cupcake favors!


Right after a "big-girl laugh" I presume...

Erin and I!

Gina, me, and Ana :)

Saturday, I spent frosting Easter cookies and then out again to celebrate our births with family! I stuffed my self at Hacienda, and hope to do so again soon, now that I think of it! (can you tell I stretched the bday celebrations a bit? Friday through Monday? works.for.me. 

David and I blowing out allllllllllll the candles!

Sunday, however, WAS Easter! And alllll about Jesus saving all of us, and being resurrected. We went downtown to a beautiful mass at the Holy Ghost and soaked up all God's love!! (and the smell of lillies!)

Photo-op!

Tequila's Easter Polo!
Of course, to help express my love for God and Jesus Christ, I felt it necessary to eat and eat and eat all the goodness my mom and I had prepared. I also got a pretty fabulous easter basket (never too old...) including chocolate bunnies, starburst jellybeans (my fave) a mermaid Barbie (barbies are a tradition) and lots of green things for my green-striving lifestyle!
Are you still with me? :)
Monday, finally our Birthday!! 
My dad arranged a night at the Stanley Hotel in Estes complete with a ghost tour for David and I. Totally up our alley. I got NO sleep because we were on a floor known to be haunted by children. Every little bump in the night, I shook David "did you hear that?!" It was a really great night away in a beautiful historic hotel and we needed the fresh air! 

Did I mention I LOVE  this place?!
In the Stanley


Outside the Stanley
Whew! One more.
TODAY, David's brother and sister in-law Josh and Suzi, had a healthy precious baby girl! Parker Layne. We are all so happy for them! Needless to say, it's been quite an eventful April! 
I am still pretty sleepy coming down from our ghost hunting, so I will go for now, but had too much to share!! Hope everyone else had a great Easter and a fab week to come!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've a great past few days! Happy Birthday to you and David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! looks like you guys had a GREAT weekend!! so fun. that's crazy that you have the same birthday... AND April 13th is my half birthday! fun.

    i absolutely LOVE your hair. i'm so trying to get mine to grow that long... but it's taking its sweet little time. and your easter dress was soooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You looked absolutely lovely! Oh and I am so jealous over your night at the Stanley. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Happy Birthday sweet girl!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!! You look beautiful as always!!

    And the picture of that precious puppy wearing that polo made me choke on my coffee I started laughing so hard!! hahaha, so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday...I dont think I could ever stay in a haunted house..I would probably scare myself to death!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!