Anyway, before I leave, I wanted to leave you darlings with something to think about. My friend Tricia knows my soft spot for animals and sent me this link to post about.

This is a bit of what these great people do:
Since November 22, 2006, more than 1800 Shelby Humane Society canines have found new homes with families in New Hampshire. Shelter Partners moves pets from Shelby County, which is experiencing extreme animal overpopulation, to shelters in states where the success and enforcement animal laws and spay and neuter laws and initiatives limit the number of pets available for adoption. Libby's Haven for Senior Canines helped us establish contacts in New Hampshire, and volunteers drive the dogs 19-23 hours to deliver them to our partnering shelters.
Please please please at least send them an encouraging message that they are doing such a wonderful, selfless thing for these innocent, sweet animals.
I literally CANNOT go into a pet store without wanting to release all the animals and take them home. But usually David just pulls me out by my arm as I'm close to tears, talking about who I can write to close pet stores and regulate breeding laws! There is a lot we can do to help this little sweet things, so please take a moment a decide if you can contribute a dollar, or a kind word, or a mix cd!! to these great people saving little animal lives!!
Ok. Off my pink platform. Now I really gotta go. Thanks Tricia!
Love Love Love






Have a great time in Houston and thanks for the link.
ReplyDeletemutts are cuter anyway.
ReplyDeleteplease keep us posted! i feel the same way when i go to the those pet shops..or hear them in a store...breaks my heart!
ReplyDeleteI agree! I hate seeing all the puppies in their cold little cages- we have even seen some shivering and it breaks my heart. Before I knew exactly what was going on with these stores, I purchased my Coco there. Upon learning about the conditions of the breeding areas, Nick and I both agreed we would rescue dogs from now on so we aren't supporting these stores financially (and we'll be rescuing a dog, so it's a double whammy!) Thanks so much for getting this website out there!
ReplyDelete