
Ok loves, if you’re looking for one of my silly quick random posts, you may want to keep on blog surfing. BUT, I hope you stay. Cause I’m kinda in the mood to talk about some stuff. Grown-girl stuff. If you really know me, you might be giggling at me referring to myself as a grown girl…I’m not exactly known for being super mature and such. But I AM growing. And I’m going to level with you- it’s hard! I don’t want this to come off in any way as a negative post, or that being an adult is bad. So.Not.True. The thing is, when I was little, adults always told me “don’t be in such a hurry to grow up! It goes by fast, and you’ll wish you were young again!”
I don’t wish I was young(er) again. I do, however appreciate the security and zest for life you, 2 ft tall Chelsea had. You see, 2ft tall Chelsea, there’s this thing the older you has in her life now…it’s call responsibility. Now, these days, when something needs to be fixed or paid for, or someone needs to be called…or you have the choice to be a big person, or a small person. The choice, the responsibility, is yours. Although this may sound gross, 2ft Chelsea, the result of you taking control of your taller self, is rewarding in a way you don’t yet understand as you play with your Barbies, and your biggest worry is when it’s time for Fraggle Rock to come on, or which pink Osh Kosh’s to wear. Don’t get me wrong… there are times when calling mom to do the dirty work is going to be appealing. But I’m gonna warn you little Chel, mom won’t think it’s as cute when you are 25. So we turn to God. And we pray for strength, and we pray for forgiveness. And tons of other things. And we pray and give thanks not just one time, for each problem or blessing. We pray every single day. Good day or bad day, we pray. And you know what little scraggly- toothed Chelsea? Even when being grown up gets a bit yucky, your taller self can think back to the 2ft tall time, when you believed anything was possible, and realize that, cheesy or not, with Him by your side, anything really is.






Great post and so true. Sometimes you realize growing up sucks but having him in your corner makes it worth while.
ReplyDeleteTotally Awesome post :)
ReplyDeleteAmazingly honest post...this is SO true. I try to remember daily that if I walk with Him, I'll always come out on top : )
ReplyDeleteAh that is so refreshing. I've actually heard we should all remember our inner 3 year old--and try to recall the carefree spirit and have is shine through from time to time. I needed it a lot last spring and could not find it--but it seems to be with me now. And for that I'm also thankful (most of the time when I'm not worried about something else). xoxo
ReplyDeleteSc
Fantastic post Chelsea.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLoves this. Loves you.
ReplyDeleteWell, you know I love this!!!! So similar to mine, and oh so true! You are fab, girl, so fab!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Chels!! I think about this often- when I was younger I couldn't WAIT to grow up and be married and have my own house. I long for the days of Barbies, Fraggle Rock, (hilarious that you mentioned that by the way) and innocence!
ReplyDeleteaww Chels that was so cute!! I love this post!! Sometimes I long for those days, but only for a minute!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through Ashley and love this post! When it doubt .... turn to Him!!
ReplyDelete