Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let the Night Sweats Begin

It's happening.... I startled myself awake early this morning, and David woke and nervously asked "What's wrong?!" I said "I had the most awful nightmare!"



David said "What was it?"

I continued " It was our wedding day. And no one would help me with my hair. So I had to do it myself, while all the guests were arriving, and watching! AND I did my own nails and all my bridesmaids said 'oh honey, you need to have a professional do those, they look awful.'"
AND I HAD NO TIME! I LOOKED AND FELT LIKE A BUM.

At this point, David giggled, turned over and fell blissfully back asleep. This could be the beginning of many nightmares leading up to our day!

Of course I had to attempt to decode it. Here's what I found:
If you are getting married and have dreams of your pending wedding, then it highlights the stress of organizing a wedding. Conflicts over wedding details, tension with family and in-laws, fear of commitment, and loss of independence may all cause wedding anxiety dreams. Research has shown that up to 40% of brides and grooms have dreams about their ceremony and things going perfectly.

Who knew a silly wedding dream could be so horrifying?!

~Ta Ta~

9 comments:

  1. Haha, I had plenty of wedding nightmares like! My dad even had some about how I wouldn't let him walk me down the aisle! (Crazy!) When you wake up just realize none of it's true and laugh and don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first one the other night! Posting about it tomorrow.
    They are definitely not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate bad dreams!! esp the ones that seem so real!

    love the new header picture!!!
    i have some major hair envy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blog!

    can't wait to follow!
    http://pammycakes-pammycakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, just wait....they will get worse as it gets closer to your wedding date. Just try to relax and DONT do wedding stuff right before going to bed or else your mind will never shut off about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll look beautiful hun...don't worry!!! I did my own hair and make-up and it looked fabulous. Oooo the countdown :)-

    P.S. Your header is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww I'm sorry!! And also I apologize for being a bad blogger recently!! hehe. But I love the header!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog, I love the pic on the top. All the best, I had dreams too before we married last Valentine and it still went great. Check out my blog for the story or you can buy my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad wedding dreams are so bad! You don't have anything to worry about, you're gonna look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!