Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Ghosts of Products Past

Ok. I wrote this post last year, but I'm posting it again, with an updated list of "I wants!"

What's that I hear...the pitter-patter of little sale's feet, the stacking of berry colored holiday cups at Starbucks, the rustling of trees as they are draped with twinkling lights, and the loudest action I've been hearing recently as we approach the Holiday season?? Product advertisement OVERLOAD. Is it just me, or is everything all of a sudden 50% off, or 50% of the already 50% off, or free gift with purchase and on and on and on. In this time of proclaimed recessionistas, everyone (well, at least me...and gina:)) are desiring the look of a snow princess and these clever ad teams seem to think they hold the golden key to all our problems. Tis the season to buy buy buy in an attempt to not only give give give, but better thyself with the magnanimous help of the latest lotions and potions that have once again suckered us in (well, again, me at least). So with all the promising advertisements I'm skeptical yet hopeful that whether it's a portable permanent sonic hair remover for your purse, eye cream with real moon dust, or maybe a mascara that will oh, I don't know, go work out for me, something I purchase is actually going to do what it promises. Outlandish or not. I will soon be entering the stores to see what will make my "Oh I definitely need" list. Here are some products I haven't gotten a chance to try yet, but I'm pretty sure I need! Feel free to share your favorites so that we can all move on from the products that have failed to erase the years, tame the fly-aways, and soften the skin :):)

O.P.I Dear Santa. Gotta have pretty holiday fingies and tootsies when tearing ahem. Graciously opening presents from that big sweet Santa!


Moroccanoil Hair Products. I've heard nothing but fabulous gossip and snickering about this line. My parched curls are yearning for a try to see if all the fuss is...fussworthy!


infused with "mood-boosting Happybelle", so cheesy, but makes me smile nonetheless :)
AND I'm a bareMinerals girl.

Basically, any La Mer product. Let's face it. I'm evolving from more of a Spring chicken, to a wintery, weathered vulture. eeeck!
Michael Kors very Hollywood solid perfume ring. I NEED this! It smells sweet and just enough for me to decide if I like the fragrance long-term :)
Just some items on my wish list this season! What is everyone else hoping to find in their stocking?

~Ta Ta~


1 comment:

  1. I have used moroccan oil products for a couple of years now and they are EVERYTHING they are cracked up to be!! definitely try them... they smell delish too :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!