Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Incredible shrinking woman

So, last week at the doctor, the nurse was doing her run of the mill procedures as we made small talk. I was feelin good! I stood up tall for my measurements, life was not bad, considering I was at the doc...Until I looked down at my sheet only to find I have shrunk a half inch! I have always been more than comfortable with my 5'2" stature, but come on! This is just not cool! After being slightly dramatic about my drastic shrinkage to anyone who would listen all day, we went furniture shopping, and I was reminded again, to the amusement of David and my family, that I look like a little girl on this couch! I mean-the couch is ridiculously deep if you ask me. Glad I could provide a laugh for the shoppers...


this could be me in 5 years!
Let me break it down for ya: this leads me to one very practical conclusion. I need a respectable pair of sky high heels!

JIMMY CHOO
Private patent-leather sandals
$950

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN
Margi Diams 120 sandals
$1,995
TORY BURCH
Wrap Up leather sandals
$325




Problem solved, no?

~Ciao, Lovelies~


8 comments:

  1. LOL...is that caused by age do you think? The shoes are lovely. I am 5'1 and wear very high heels when we're going out. My husband is 5'10, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm RIGHT there with you!!! I'm 5' 1 1/2'' and my height usually doesn't bother me (I mean, I'm pretty used to it and all).......until I see someone walking by that is the same height as me and I think "oh my gosh, they're so short!!!".

    I always tell my husband that I would be pretty happy to be 5' 5''!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Don't shrink away! At least there are all those super cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - I'm right there with you..lovely 5"2! But I would agree that any new pair of shoes can fix this problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey at least you're not like ten feet tall or something! I like you just the way you are. Is that couch you're sitting on at Restoration Hardware? That couch is the perfect size for big people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. our couch is like that, although not leather....very deep and super comfy!! i did a post not long ago of me sitting on it, my feet barely hang over the end ;) i'm the same height as you!
    i almost always wear heels! gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, those Tory Burch beauties...I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh chels... that is hilarious. i am always shocked at the doctor when they tell me i am 5'4". i have been claiming to be 5'6" for so long, that when they tell me 5'4" i think for just a moment that i must be shrinking, before i remember i lie about my height every other day of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!