Someone once told me-or maybe I just choose to believe- that when you lose someone close to you, you never really lose them. They go on to live with you in another form. You can see them in a sunset, feel them in a warm breeze, or my favorite: a butterfly.
I feel selfish because as much as I know you are happy and whole with the Lord, I want to see you and hug you and hear your familiar comforting voice call "dolly!".
As my wedding is coming closer, I just have to keep telling myself that you will be there along with all our other loved ones because I know that's what you wanted more than anything, and that it's okay to celebrate.
Grandpa, you've done and meant more to me than I ever could have been bold enough to hope for. You've had a huge role in shaping the person that I am to this day and I will forever be grateful for it.
My love, always always.
I'm looking forward to that mountain breeze, the sun setting through the trees, and maybe even a butterfly. Those will be our hugs from now on, and that, too is a blessing :)


John Gregory Schneider
10/22/29-8/1/10
~Love~






Precious moments and precious memories. Your love honors his memory everyday. You will forever be his dolly.
ReplyDeleteChelsea we all loved him so much. He's always been so proud of you and all you've done. The next time I see a butterfly fluttering around my garden I'm going to remember what you said and wave hello. Grandpa was and is an example for so many people and without him we have to pick up where he left off touching the hearts of others.
ReplyDeleteMy heart has already been so touched, Miss. From you, Ana, and many more who have taken the time to remember a great man, and to comfort our family:) love you both!
ReplyDeleteAwww...so sorry for your loss. Made me sad but glad for you that you can still give him hugs in your own way.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post. I am so so sorry to hear about your grandfather. But you're right, he will always with you and all around you, he lives on through you, and will without a doubt be present on your wedding day :)
ReplyDeleteI love your reference to the new hugs...that is so sweet....I am so sorry you are going through this!! He will be so ever present on your wedding day!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis post was precious I totally understand where your coming from I just recently lost my Meme and it was so unexspected. but at least you know there in a better place and you will see them again one day.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel :( Just try and remember all the wonderful memories y'all had together! He will be with you on your special day!
ReplyDeleteChelse, sorry about your loss. This was a beautiful tribute to your grandpa. I've been there and it is hard but their memory live with us. I still miss my grandpa after lossing him many years ago. Sending a big hug your way. A quick story: my paternal grandpa died a week before my parents' wedding. My paternal grandma insisted that they wedding go on, and it also turned into a celebration of his life. So on your special day, celebrate the life he had and the love he gave you.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful post - he will be there.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for the loss of you Grandpa, such an important figure in your life. May you keep his memory alive and close in your heart forever.
ReplyDeleteHey girlie, just wanted to tell you I have something for you on my blog. A little something to bring a bit of brightness to your day. Hope you are feeling a bit better.
ReplyDeleteaww! Just know you have his memories! Sorry for the loss of your grandpa!
ReplyDeleteChelsea~ Hugs to you. I am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. There is nothing like a love for a grandparent. My Nanna passed away in 2008 from cancer, we did a LOT of things together and I DO have some amazing memories with her, we were so close, she was my "pick" of the grandparents....there is not a day that doesn't go by that I do not think of her. I know that I carry her with me today, as you said. It's not selfish to miss them and want them back...hold on to the good times and know that you will see your grandfather again some day! :) God Bless you!!!
ReplyDeleteChelsea. I know today is the BIG day according to your ticker. Just want to wish you a wonderful day. Enjoy it! It is the beginning of a new chapter in your life.
ReplyDelete