Friday, September 17, 2010

Sephora by way of Therapy

Next time I feel like skipping into Sephora to play with samples etc., I'm going to make a therapist my pit-stop. I realize that stores like this survive on creating an imaginary problem that we didn't even know we had until seeing the "cure", but my wallet is getting fed.up!

I'm going on vacation with some family and friends for a week, and while being on a house boat, in the sun, sand and water all day sounds glorious, my hair and skin needed some prep!

Enter Sephora:

self: "okaaay, I need some hair sunscreen concoction..."

self on self's shoulder: "really? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have waltzed passed that pore-minimizing boscia mask so quickly. you're not getting any younger sister." {self on my shoulder has the voice of a sweet and sassy Queen Latifah}

self: "ohhh good call. and while I'm at it, I definitely need this $60 self tanner over this pasty skin!"

self on self's shoulder: "well...I wasn't gonna say anything, but it would look good on your new pore-less nose, girl!"

self: "well, I unfortunately now need new lip plumping gloss..."


self on self's shoulder: "of course. to enhance the tan and protected highlights. of. course."

And this was after I pulled my hoppy, skippy, Sephora self together. $$$ ka-chings later...

I should have stopped by a therapist's office to put a sock in the mouth of the self on self's shoulder. 

The Beauty Loot
Review of this popular new mask to come!
Phyto Plage Protective Beach Spray


Dior Self-tanning spray

Okay...so I didn't buy this. But for $22, I definitely thought it was hilarious. "Yes, I need a cream just for putting my hair into a ponytail."




Does this ever happen to anyone else?! Thank goodness my cabinets are now full of things I never knew I always needed ;)


~tgif~

9 comments:

  1. It's an evil marketing ploy!! I'm not sure how but most of the time I manage to avoid the cosmetics industry traps but I am definitely tempted. And when it comes to clothes-I want it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this today in a possibly worse forum...online, while I'm unbelievably bored at work. It encourages me in a new way with the customer reviews and ratings (so tricky and terrible!)...all of the sudden my wallet just gives up and starts crying while I "Submit order." Happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUst last weekend I went into ulta looking for something to cover my circles under my eyes. I left the store two hours later and 300dollars poorer. Now mind you I've been wearing the same eye shadow since I was 20 so I'm kinda glad I finally updated my look and learned about having a pallet of makeup and not just wearing one eye shadow anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha this cracked me up b/c I am like this Alllll the time! But the only thing that holds me back is knowing that my hubby chks our joint CC all the time and I can't keep it secret lol. prob a good thing for me b/c I think I need everything! Ha ha have fun on your houseboat I looooove those things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good purchases!! And you have the best hair of anyone I know so they are definitely paying off! Have a good time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That self tanner looks great! I have those same convo's with myself, but the things I never knew we always needed, are some of the best things I have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - you crack me up! So how did the self tanner work? I just use some lotion but I'm toying witht the idea of getting a tanning membership just so I can spray tan...but then again a $60 one time purchase is cheaper than $60 a month. Okay..so you must tell me how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Chelsea, I think it happens to everyone..doesn't it? Well if not I know it deffinetly happens to me!! I walk into a store and boom!! There's a new product I just have to try!, or a piece of clothing/accessories I just have to have. Impulse buying can be a real problem, and I know I have it!!
    P.S. I love your blog by the way, very cute and relates to girls everywhere! Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you're lounging on a lake, but I tagged you in my blog...enjoy!

    http://caffeineandcocktails.blogspot.com/2010/09/because-i-overshare.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!