Monday, February 27, 2012

The Un-Oscar Post ;)

In a newsfeed sea of gorgeous dresses and chit chat on the Oscars, I thought I'd be a little un-oscar blip on your blog radar :) 

Because it's Monday, and I'm still operating on auto-pilot, my phone photos are going to lead today!
Have you ever done a canvas and cocktails sort of get-together? Friends, paint, drinks....AND A HUGE BILL in many cases! My friend and I decided on our way home from our girl-date "why can't we host our OWN party?!" Cheaper, and we skip the judgement of some stranger/teacher.
I got some paints and canvas and immediately went to work practicing how I will help lead our own class!  Pictures to come after the party :)
 Now a completely unrelated topic: it can be a challenge to find a flat that is as chic as it is comfortable! I am on my feet ALL day and literally run all over putting out retail fires all day long :P
Heels are rare at work, which makes my heel collection so lonely :( 
I got a few pairs of Toms for Christmas and all though they are unstructured and informal, they are cute and so comfy. And you are helping a barefoot child? SOLD!

This pink ballerina grosgrain pair is my fave right now!

 Taking one more A.D.D. detour, this is a gorgeous and delicious blooming tea I had at the Deshanbe tea house in Boulder! A must-see if you are ever in the area. The tea tasted just as good as it looked. As did my orange french toast. Oh, now I'm hungry.
 I hope this is a start to a wonderful week for you all!

4 comments:

  1. Heels are VERY rare at my work too. (Pretty common for all computer engineering companies I think, at least in our area...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your party sounds like FUN!! i wish I could come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that tea looks gorgeous! My aunt, cousin, and I went to the Dushanbe tea house years ago but didn't eat inside, because it was packed. I'd love to get back there some day. I've never heard of a blooming tea before. (:

    I could really use a pair of TOMS shoes too. Anything comfy and cute is good in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!