So, I've mentioned some changes going on in our life lately, the most major change being that we are moving! It is actually very bittersweet for us both. I knew when our lease ended, that I wanted to move. We haven't fallen in love with any homes yet, and in this economy, we are going to need to get all our ducks in a row in order to qualify for a decent loan. Being sort of self-employed has put us in a pickle among other things!
Luckily, my brother has been great enough to invite us to stay with him, where there is plenty of space and **DING DING DING** rent-free!
This is a very bittersweet time. We are moving out of our first home together. Out of the home that we decided to take a chance and move our relationship from long-distance, to living together! Eeeeck! Bittersweet because we're losing some privacy, and robbing my brother of his. I keep reminding myself of the sweetness in this bittersweet deal.
1} not paying someone else's mortgage! woohooo!
2} hangin out with my lively brother :)
3} saving lots of money every month to be ready to buy a cute first home
4} living closer to my parents (this one is teetering on the edge...kidding mom. love you)
5} walking distance to Starbucks!!
It's an exciting, but very nerve-racking time. I just keep telling myself, without the bitter, we wouldn't appreciate the sweet :o)
Help me say bye to our first home...
the view from our porch...on a clear day, the mountains are there!
See our little milk-man box? I'll miss that...
Our tiny, cozy fam room
Dining nook! Pretty much used for everything but eating ;)
I won't miss the serious lack of counter space.
Guest bath. I painted that little painting for David for Valentine's day :)
Moroccan guest suite ;)
Definitely will miss my closet!
Please excuse the bare bed bottoms, I took the skirt off to wash before the move!
~Ta Ta~






you guys are definitely doing the right thing and i just know that something wonderful is going to come of it at the end of this journey :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
i hate moving too!!! it probably took us about 2 months..to call our new place home! i hate change!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move! Changes are difficult sometimes but it will be great in the long run!
ReplyDeleteAh… the next chapter! Hoping the next house comes sooner than plan and you live with your brother shorter than longer! But… you can’t beat rent free! So awesome!!! Your house was so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI can finally see your blog again! I don't know what happened, it's been very strange. Every time I try to go to your page it said "blog not found" so I don't know. But anyway! So how awesome is it that you're moving?? I know it's bittersweet but so many good things will come of this- and most of all, you will soon be homeowners! It's such a good feeling knowing that "x" amount of dollars is actually going toward something YOU own, rather than something someone else owns. Nick and I looked at *120* houses before we found the perfect one. Granted, I was very picky and there were quite a few that we just drove on past without going inside. So whatever you do, during the house hunt don't get discouraged, the perfect one is out there waiting for you two!
ReplyDeleteYour house was adorable and you're going to have so much fun making your new house your own!
good luck with your move!!
ReplyDeletefree rent will be nice and a great opportunity for you two to save up some money :)