Friday, June 25, 2010

The cherry on top of the cupcake that is getting married- is friends and family gifting the couple with things to help make there house a home, and not a frat-house complete with mismatched plastic cups, chipped Target dishes (I still love Target, though), ratty bedding from our single days, and carpet marinating in years of Old E and PBR. Okay, maybe not that last part...But I'm pleased to see how our kitchen will be coming together, with the help of a small village ;)

I think some of the best kitchens, and homes for that matter, are those that kind of fall into place over several years of living in it, and surrounding yourself with things you love or have collected from far away places.

But lets be real. I'm in bridal mode. And I'm pretending that our home will look like a catalog. Hee! From the gifts we have received, it seems the colors of our kitchen have made there claim. And I couldn't be more pleased! Yellow and aqua. cheery and basically fabulous to cook/drink wine in :0)
Does your kitchen have dominating colors?






Whatya waiting for? Come borrow a cup of sugar already!

~Ta~


10 comments:

  1. I love it! Our colors are green and brown:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors! Ours is a bright yellow with red and black- but it works with our marble and tile, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny....i did a post today on turquoise bedrooms today!! i want to redo mine!
    love the colors and your inspiration decor. our kitchen is quite lame but i blame it on the kitchen design...it's teeny tiny and there isn't much to do to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DREAM of having totally coordinated rooms like this in my house. I am in the process of decorating or trying to at least. I know it will take time but I want to do it right and it's hard to wait and leave things "unfinished" Love the aqua and yellow. I love bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! Those colors look GREAT together! You'll have to share a pic of your kitchen when you get all your goodies! I've got a lot of yellow in my kitchen with some lime green...but the aqua is way more dramatic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my colors are also brown and green; butttt i am moving and i just might steal these colors =]]

    maybe even alittle red in there =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, yellow and aqua. Sounds fantastic! Just found your blog. Hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that color combo!! nice choice!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!