Wednesday, August 28, 2013

16 weeks with twins

Know what I've been thinking about this week? Avocados. Is it a fruit? Vegetable? It's creamy and delicious AND has so many health benefits to you. That's not why they're on my mind however...

I actually haven't felt like eating them my whole pregnancy. Gone are the days of my homemade quacamole or avocado and cheese snacks for now...

I'm thinking about this guy because this 16th week anniversary of me no longer being just me, my little nuggets are roughly the size of avocados! I say roughly because at my last ultrasound a few weeks ago, they were measuring a week older than they are! Mama-is-cookin' some strong babies, I pray to God!!! They also have moved from "bunk-bed" style to head to head, so they can chit-chat together, I assume ;)


How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)
We hope to find out what we're having on Friday, so check back!!
Happy Wednesday! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm inside OUT excited for Friday!!!! Btw... I've always loved Avocados, NOW in particular!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! i miss having a baby in my belly!! its the most amazing experience ever...EVER! Enjoy every moment mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocados are fruit. (I think technically they're berries, like bananas) anything with a seed is a fruit. Tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. are all fruits because they're the end result of a reproductive flower. When a flower to a fruit plant is pollinated it will engorge, the petals will shrivel and fall away, and the fruit will develop around the seeds.

    The seeds can grow into brand new plants, but to be sure that the little seed doesn't have to compete with the mother tree for nutrients the fruits are usually sweet to encourage animals to take them away, eat the fruit, and drop the seed nearby.

    Things without seeds either don't reproduce by flowering or that's not the part that you eat. Those are vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you chad, for your always knowledgeable input ;) My babies can always go to uncle chaddy for the many many questions to come!

      Delete
  4. Avocados are fruit. (I think technically they're berries, like bananas) anything with a seed is a fruit. Tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. are all fruits because they're the end result of a reproductive flower. When a flower to a fruit plant is pollinated it will engorge, the petals will shrivel and fall away, and the fruit will develop around the seeds.

    The seeds can grow into brand new plants, but to be sure that the little seed doesn't have to compete with the mother tree for nutrients the fruits are usually sweet to encourage animals to take them away, eat the fruit, and drop the seed nearby.

    Things without seeds either don't reproduce by flowering or that's not the part that you eat. Those are vegetables.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!